‘’Escape From The Planet Of The Apes’’ (1971) and its prequel, ‘’War For The Planet Of The Apes’’ (2017) were similar in some ways but very different in others.
‘’Escape From The Planet Of The Apes’’ Summary.
A rocket containing a group of astronauts that was sent to Mars arrives back on Earth but the military find that the astronauts were replaced with three extremely intelligent apes called Cornelius, Zira and Dr. Milo. The apes are sent to the city of Los Angeles and the three begin their incredible adventure.
“War For The Planet Of The Apes’’ Summary.
After the war between apes and humans began, Caesar and his tribe battle for survival and reach safety, but when the soldiers attack, Caesar seeks revenge against the army’s colonel.
List of things that are different.
- In the 1971 film, the apes were scientists a professors but in the 2017 film they are all warriors.
- In the 1971 film the apes are treated like celebrities and in the 2017 film the humans are at war with the apes.
- In the 1971 film the chimpanzees state that the orang-utans were very religious but this is not shown in any way by the orang-utan in the 2017 film.
List of things that are similar.
- In the 1971 film there is an ape called Cornelius and in the 2017 film Caesar’s son is called Cornelius. Since the 2017 film is a prequel it is believed that they are the same character.
- In the 1971 film the apes say that in the future, apes are intelligent and humans are primitive, in the end of the 2017 film a virus is spreading that prevents humans from being able to speak.